On Sat, Jan 09, 2016 at 03:12:45PM +0100, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:

>> Can I find any documentation for the --synctex-forward mechanism?
>
> There is some in the man page.

Indeed; however it is a little brief. To quote:

    --synctex-forward=input
        Jump to the given position. The switch expects the  same  format
        as specified for synctex's view -i.

However, I could find nothing on synctex's view -i (and don't know what
that means). I did get it working after searching the mailing list
and a little experimenting.

>> Can I suggest instead that if zathura is run with --synctex-pid, then
>> it *ALWAYS* returns immediately, and the exit status signals whether
>> it succeeded or failed.
>
> Should be fixed with f1d027e656.

Thanks a lot!

GI

--
TEN REASONS WHY HELL IS BETTER THAN GRAD SCHOOL:
5. Hell is forever; Grad School just seems like it.