Hi,

I'm seeking for an opportunity to execute find commands (/) from another
process while a document is displayed. The other process should send
/findstring to the zathura process (goal: clicks on testpoint names in a table
document should result in showing the appropriate testpoint in the pdf
schematic of an electronic system).

According to zathura.c there is an option to pipe a document to zathura. But an
experiment to open a zathura instance as a pipe from a script does not result
in script output to pipe as stdin (keystrokes) to the zathura instance.
Alternatively, Dbus could do the job (but I'm not familiar in using Dbus to
control another process).

Any comment regarding this?