--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Dan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> HI everyone,
>
> this if you could orient edges AND solve the cross SIMULTANEOUSLY.

> DanH :)

I agree that if you could learn to do this together, it could provide
a benefit, not necessarily in number of moves, though, because
two-generator algs are often longer but faster.  However, I have
enough trouble as it is trying to find the cross in the 15 seconds
most of the time.  How do you even see which edges to flip?

Also, after trying this out, I managed to average about 38 with this,
but I was often flipping edges long after my cross.  If you could
manage to do this simultaneously, like I did for a couple of solves, I
think it could be very useful.  I got several solves in the low 20's
like this, which isn't far off from my average.

What's the worst case scenario possible with this?  If you had no
decent cross (one of the 8 move cases probably) and all 8 other edges
flipped, perhaps.  Would the time saved by using two gen algs to
finish things be worth it with the number of moves this will
potentially add?

Just some things to think about.

-Mike
team [zb]