Hi everyone,

Some of you may have already been using Transformation algorithms in
your ZB practice, either through inspiration from Chris or maybe you
came up with the idea yourself.

If you don't know what it is, the idea is to apply a simple
algorithm to the Orientation case you end up with after ZBF2L or
VHF2L, to end up with a case that you know. So if you had only
learned some T-Orientation ZBLL cases, and when solving you ended up
with an L, you could apply an algorithm to transform it into a T-
Orientation. Of course, this doesn't advance you any further as far
as the method is concerned, because it's not useful for
speedsolving, but it is a very useful practice tool because it
allows you to rehearse your knowledge with every cube.

Most of the transformation algorithms I have used are very simple,
and sometimes involve 4 or more Sunes just to get the right case, so
it's not very efficient. It would be very nice if we could have a
standard set of transformation algorithms that use the minimum
amount of sequences.

It would be elegant if we could have something like
1 = Sune (R U R' U R U2 R')
2 = A-Sune (R U2 R' U' R U' R')
3 = a move which only affects two corners
4 = inverse of 3?

using the minimum amount of sequences - 4 would be nice but I think
we may have to use 6?

Then we could write the algorithms as a combination of U moves and
these move sequences.

Example: U -> L = U [1]
         T -> L = U' [2] U'

Anybody willing to help work on this set? First thing would be to
standardise a set of moves sequences to use.

Dan H :)