Mike Pinna wrote:
My solution to this has been to return -EAGAIN from the giwscan function
if a scan is still in progress.  It means that iwlist doesn't return
immediately when you invoke it, but it does always return a complete set
of scan results eventually.

Thanks for the useful piece of info, I sat down with Johannes Berg and we made softmac do the same thing. It now works a bit nicer in our rewrite driver :)