Hello Mark,

> What is the 1205 ? is it some chipset ? a controller? I see that
> zd1211.c uses a struct called
> zd1205_private , and also methods like zd1205_open() and zd1205_init()
> in zd1205.c.

For the driver rewrite (zd1211rw) I had to look into this. It
appears that the ZD1205 has been a WLAN chip (baseband processor)
with an PCI interface. The ZD1211 wraps an USB interface around
the ZD1205. For the driver, they simply hacked the zd1211
interface on the existing code and used ifdefs for it.

We don't make that distinction in rewrite project, because I've
yet to be able to buy a ZD1205 card and to test it. These data
sheets could be improved, if vendors would mention the chip, that
they are using there.

Ciao,

Uli

--