Hello,

  I had modprobed succesfully the zd1211  wireless
driver (*** NOT the rewrite dirver***) and ran
"iwconfig wlan0 mode Ad-Hoc essid homenet" and
"ifconfig wlan0 up".I had ran iwevent; it says
"Waiting for Wireless Events from interfaces..."
Than I ran "iwconfig wlan0 essid homenetTest" from a
different console on the same machine but I don't see
anything in the iwevent console. why? Accrding
to man iwevent it should had dispalyed this event of
changing essid by using iwconfig .What should I do to
see events in the "iwevent" console ?
I must add that there is no other station when I try
this  (is it necessary for iwevent?)

   I must admit that I have no experience trying
iwevent with other wireless cards so it could be
something silly which I am missing.

Regards,
Xu

http://mail.yahoo.com