Ulrich Kunitz wrote:
> The other question is, whether the cleaning of structures is
> needed. I don't think they are performance issues, give the time
> this functions are called. OTOH we will find dangling pointer
> issues. So I still believe it is worth to keep them.

I'm still not sure what the point of it is though - what is gained from
clearing them?

We might as well sleep 10 milliseconds, allocate some memory and then
free it right after, or do something equally pointless. Am I missing
something?

Also, there is no need for locking - and if there is, it is hiding any
races we have in the disconnect path.