On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 01:08:07AM -0700, wdamn wrote:
> I've got Zyxel ZyAIR G-220 and I'm trying to install zd1211 driver.
> After some troubles, I've got the driver in my kernel, but the zd1211
> doesn't create my wlan0 device. So I tried also to compile zd1211b
> (that if I'm right it's for usb1.1) and hotplug auto modprobe it and
> create wlan0 device but with low transfer rate 1Mb/s - as usb1.1 does
> what should I do to take advantage of zd1211?

zd1211 and zd1211b are different chipsets, so if your wireless device
works with the zd1211b version of the driver it definitely won't work
with the zd1211 version.  There's no way in which the zd1211 driver is
'better' than zd1211b; they just handle different hardware.  In
particular both of them should support both USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 .

If you've read about this project you may have heard of zd1211rw, which
is a new implementation of a driver for these devices, under active
development by members of this list.  This will certainly will be a lot
better than the old drivers when it is finished.  I'm not up-to-date
with the status of the zd1211rw driver though, so don't know if it has
reached production quality yet, or if it has been made to support the
zd1211b hardware yet.