Matthieu CASTET wrote:
> I check the intel driver and they seem to use radiotap only when
> CONFIG_IEEE80211_RADIOTAP is defined.
> But it seems CONFIG_IEEE80211_RADIOTAP is never defined in the 2.6.17.

Indeed - it is only the out-of-tree version which enables radiotap by
default. I didn't realise it was so easy to turn on in the in-kernel
version though.

> I wrote a small patch that make work monitor mode by removing radiotap.

I think first we need to get to the root of the problem, because the old
ethereal still works OK. It may just be an ethereal bug?

> I also add the 2 sagem ids.
>
> the zd1211 (zd1211 chip 079b:004a v4330 high 00-60-b3 AL2230_RF pa0 g--)
> doens't seem to send duplicate frame.

Strange. Thanks, I'll apply the patch. By the way, we can rejoice
because my ipw3945 doesn't appear to be as blind/deaf as my other
devices, I appear to have reliable monitor mode through that :)