Hi,

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 22:06:18 -0400, Daniel Drake wrote:

> Hi Elimar,
>
> Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> my Debian system:
>>
>> zd1211rw 1-1:1.0: firmware version 4725
>> zd1211rw 1-1:1.0: zd1211b chip 1582:6003 v4810 high 00-11-f6 AL2230_RF pa0
>> ---N
>>
>> kismet 2006.04.R1-1.1
>>
>> Which source do I have to use in kismet.conf. Is there a patch
>> against kismet necessary?
>
> I think our driver has a bit of a disagreement with kismet and it's wext
> semantics. Please file a bug at http://bugzilla.kernel.org (assign to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]) so that we don't forget about the problem.

I got the same problem on debian sid. i rebuild kismet and it works.

But there I got lot's of invalid packets (I got those also with ethereal).
There a note about that on the README (may be it is for the vendor
driver)[1].

Matthieu

[1]
    zd1211          ZyDAS USB           Linux       zd1211
                    http://zd1211.ath.cx
                    Capture interface:  'wlanX'
                    At the time of this writing, the ZD1211 drivers have
                     significant data corruption while changing channel, and
                     often while receiving data frames.  Until these problems
                     are addressed in the driver, it is not reccomended.