Am Mittwoch 25 Oktober 2006 14:07 schrieb Daniel Drake:
> Andreas Gick wrote:
> > Hello altogether,
> > after downloading the git-kernel-sources, I found the modules in the
> > kernel tree, but couldn't figure out, how to select them in order to
> > build them. So how do I accomplish this?
> Use the search feature, type /ZD1211RW<enter> while in menuconfig. If it
> does not appear on the menu at the listed location, then search for it
> again and look at the dependencies. Search for each dependency
> individually and ensure they are all enabled.
> Daniel

Thanks. At least I managed to build the module, but unfortunately I get a
firmware related error loading it for my longshine lcs-8131g3 usb dongle,
although I've downloaded the firmware from sourceforge and put it
into /lib/firmware/zd1211. This is the corresponding output of dmesg:

ieee80211_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
ieee80211: 802.11 data/management/control stack, git-1.1.13
ieee80211: Copyright (C) 2004-2005 Intel Corporation
usb 4-5: Could not load firmware file zd1211/zd1211b_ub. Error number -2
zd1211rw 4-5:1.0: couldn't load firmware. Error number -2
usb 4-5: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
zd1211rw: probe of 4-5:1.0 failed with error -2
usbcore: registered new interface driver zd1211rw

This seems to indicate that the driver cannot find the firmware. So what other
settings could I change to make it work?

Greets Andreas

Zd1211-devs mailing list -