I've got a Linksys wusbf54g, which has the zd1211b chipset.

I grabbed the r-83 revision of the zd1211 driver, and modified
makefile and the usb-id to match my linksys device, and plugged it in.

It works. Somehow.

The problem is that I have ~15% packet loss, and after a minute or so
of inactivity, the device seems to turn off, so I can't reach it from
the outside. After 5 minutes of inactivity, the device drops the
connection to the AP.

I do not have any kind of encryption enabled. Anyone got an idea?

--
Vidar