On 12/28/06, Daniel Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/extra/zd1211rw$ cat .git/remotes/origin
> That is Ulrich's tree, not mine. But you shouldn't be using the git
> tree, as it has known problems with signal strength handling. The
> current "good" setup is either or John Linville's wireless-2.6.git.

I have the wireless-2.6 tree down and I'm building it now.

> If you are interested in solving the performance problems, I already
> posted some advice here:
> http://www.nabble.com/nslu2-arm-observations-tf2748668.html#a7669090

First thing I need to figure out is why I can't finish a 250MB copy
over pure 802.11g without dropping the connection. I am getting
hundreds of these in the logs:
kernel: usb 5-1.3: handle_retry_failed_int() retry failed interrupt

If these are dropped packets and the TCP/IP retry mechanism is causing
a retransmit, that would explain a lot of the speed loss. I'll try and
figure out if the packets are really getting lost or if they are
getting lost from a SW bug.

The nodes in my test are 5ft apart with 100% strength, 99% quality at
54M on a clear channel. I would hope that they can exchange packets
without dropping them.

Jon Smirl