Obviously the kernel driver compiled in my 2.6.19-1, zd1211rw gives no
functionality to my 3COM 3CRUSB10075 .

Is there any pointer what I shall do to get it working with kernel driver?

Further, I cannot compile community driver on 2.6.19-1 with Debian etch,
probably due to gcc4 or similar, I am not technician to say why. The
driver I use for 2.6.15 is working and is being compiled without
problems, however, the laptop sometimes freezes or keyboard freezes and
that is unbelievable disturbing, even if it happens only every few days.

I am thankful for all pointers to what I shall do, to have it working
with newest stable kernel.