> I'm trying to use a zd1211B based USB stick on my ARM9 board running
> 2.6.20-RC3 using the zd1211rw driver however it wont load the firmware.
>
> I've enabled debugging - and got the following from dmesg:

There are some user space scripts needed,
/lib/udev/firmware_helper

I believe that comes with the udev package

Thats true - now it's called firmware.sh (I'm using udev v100), and udev is
placing it in /lib/udev/firmware.sh.

Additionally I've made sure that the udev-rules are set:

cat /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules |grep firmware.sh
SUBSYSTEM=="firmware", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/lib/udev/firmware.sh"

I dont know if this is relevant, but running the udevmonitor gives the
following output regarding the firmware:

UEVENT[2260.652105] add@/class/firmware/1-3
usb 1-3: Could not load firmware file zd1211b_ub. Error number -2
zd1211rw 1-3:1.0: couldn't load firmware. Error number -2
UEVENT[2270.556159] remove@/class/firmware/1-3

Best regards
Nikolaj