using r77, I setup a zd1211b for ad-hoc mode.  It fails after about 5-8
minutes.  The failure is usb_submit_urb returns ENOMEM in the tx_submit.
It happens independant of data transfer amount.  I had this working in a
system with an slightly older kernel I think.   Current kernel is
2.4.26-ts11

something more.
http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG