I haven't seen the replug issues in a while, but previously had them
quite a bit with my ZD1211B.

I'm running (near enough) 2.6.20-rc6 with the following patch added:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=117003239100898&q=raw

Earlier testing shows that the above patch alone wasn't enough, but for
some reason the problem has now disappeared. Maybe something changed in
the USB core. I'd be interested to hear results from other people
running this configuration.