Hi everybody,

I am very new at Linux and embedded systems. I have ported a 2.6.20
linux kernel with a provided ext2 file system (uClibc 0.9.28 and
Busybox v1.1.2) to the board AT91RM9200-EK.

I want to add a wireless extension to the system with an USB Wi-Fi
device based on the chipset zd1211. For this purpose, I enabled all
the following options in the kernel confiduration as modules: IEEE
802.11, radio, zd1211 drivers etc.

When I used the modules commands of my Busybox installed version I had
problems loading these modules (I included all .ko files in the file
system after compiling) . Then I decided to download a new version of
Busybox and compile it with the appropiate configuration for the
modules tools. However, the new compiled version didn't work and my
file system couldn't be booted.

Finally, I have enabled all these options not as modules, but built in
the kernel itself.

Then I would like to ask if there is something else necessary to do
for loading the driver of this device successfully or if it is already
done following this procedure.

What disadvantages does this procedure of loading drivers in the
kernel have? Will I find any problem later?

when I recompile the kernel with all modules built inside and I
connect the USB  device to my target, I obtain the following error:

[root@(none) /]# usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using at91_ohci
and address 2
usb 1-1: Could not load firmware file zd1211/zd1211b_ub. Error number -2
zd1211rw 1-1:1.0: couldn't load firmware. Error number -2
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using at91_ohci and address 2
zd1211rw: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -2
usb 1-1: device_add(1-1:1.0) --> -2

Thanks in advance,

Javier