Hi Jun, sorry for the slow response.

Jun Sun wrote:
> After a few debugging session, I finally found the the problem.
>
> In the ieee80211_copy_snap() function in ieee80211_tx.c, the data pointer
> lands on odd address. Later when ethertype is assigned, one byte is
> chopped off. That is why 0x06 is in the place of 0x08.

Nice find. I was not even aware that such code could cause problems on
some architectures.

> However, I now face a bunch of frame errors on the receiving, which
> seems to suggest I have similar unaligned access problems on the receving
> side. More debugging.

Don't spend too much time on this, because we are very likely ditching
ieee80211 and switching to mac80211 for 2.6.25.

Instead, spend time testing/fixing mac80211 instead.  You need to use
git to clone
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git
and then switch to the everything branch (git checkout everything).

Nevertheless, if you have got things working on ieee80211 there is still
time for me to submit patches for 2.6.24.

Daniel