Gábor Stefanik a écrit :
> 2009/11/22 Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papilla...@free.fr>:

>> Gábor Stefanik a écrit :
>>
>>> Yes, that is probably the problem; please try this patch:
>>> http://patches.aircrack-ng.org/zd1211rw_inject_2.6.26.patch. It's just
>>> a hack, but it works. (Without the hack, only enabling CR_SNIFFER_ON
>>> will cause the card to return junk packets.)
>>>
>> Indeed. However :
>>
>> 1. I did not receive junk packet so far with only enabling CR_SNIFFER_ON.
>> 2. With both a STA interface and a monitor interface, performance drops
>> significantly. Any explanation for this.
>>

> What do you mean by "performance loss"? Is there packet loss? Is TX
> rate dropping?

TX rate is dropping a lot (like 20 MBits down to 200 kbits/s). Using
another card in monitor mode, I still see packets sent at 54 Mbits rate
however.

It seems that implementing monitor mode is not consistent over all
zd1211 devices and it has an impact on performance. Maybe we can :
1. Dig a big deeper into understanding register settings needed for
monitor mode.
2. Add a debugfs interface for enabling the use of CR_SNIFFER_ON in
monitor mode. IMHO, it could be enabled by default since users not using
monitor mode at all won't be affected and users doing monitor mode
expect it to work. In order to warn people, we can add a syslog messages
saying "Using CR_SNIFFER_ON register, your performance may degrade,
check /sys/kernel/debug/zd1211rw/use_cr_sniffer_on settings".

Comments?

Regards,
Benoit