Hello, everyone
   I'm a student of Lanzhou university, china.
I find the message about ZD1211B support master mode with
Linux kernel 2.6.39 from
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/zd1211rw
    My machine information:
# uname -r
2.6.39-gentoo-r1
# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0ace:1215 ZyDAS ZD1211B 802.11g
# dmesg | egrep "zd1211b? chip"
zd1211rw 2-1.4:1.0: zd1211b chip 0ace:1215 v4810 high 00-1d-0f UW2453_RF pa0
-7---
# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
zd1211rw               42496  0

   I can use this usb wireless card with mode managed and it can access normal
wifi.
If I try to make it work with master mode, I will get error information:
# iwconfig wlan1 essid dslab mode master
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
    SET failed on device wlan1 ; Invalid argument.

   I search from google and find somebody use open1211 driver for mode master.
I also try this way, but fail. Some website said should use hostapd and iw to
config and set mode.
   How can I make this chip work in master mode(AP)?
   Sorry for my terrible English. Thanks for your patience!

Best regards!
Zhangchd