Hello,

Master mode works, but not same way as with zd1211. You need to use 'hostapd':
  http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/hostapd

Quick copy-paste from that page: "The mac80211 subsystem moves all
aspects of master mode into user space. It depends on hostapd to
handle authenticating clients, setting encryption keys, establishing
key rotation policy, and other aspects of the wireless infrastructure.
Due to this, the old method of issuing 'iwconfig <wireless interface>
mode master' no longer works. Userspace programs like hostapd now use
netlink (the nl80211 driver) to create a master mode interface for
your traffic and a monitor mode interface for receiving and
transmitting management frames. "

-Jussi