---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Seif Lotfy <s...@lotfy.com>
Date: 2009/8/2
Subject: Re: [Zeitgeist] Zeitgeist API Ramblings
To: Siegfried Gevatter <rai...@ubuntu.com>
Cc: Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamst...@gmail.com>,
zeitgeist@lists.launchpad.net

Most of the magic is the expiring tags crap and some similar usages and
tags!
However my main concern now is we have to move along and not depend on the
fact that tracker wants to release! Give me a release and then we can see if
we can depend on it!

Let us concentrate with our current tools and release something stable and
reac hthe dead end before we start rethinking everything
because we will always want to change stuff thus never actually delivering!

So now we stay with SQLite and our current DB design (- endstamps)
we can take another lok at the queries again to create better indecies!

As for events:

Mikkel kinda summed up the ontology of events:

> Zeitgeist Items has metadata such as content type, mimetype, source type
> (where they are from fx. filesystem, web page, email account, …), URL.
>
> Events have such metadata as timestamp, the app emitting the event, what
> type of event (user action, system notification), what happended (created,
> modified, deleted, etc.), and some more.

To sum up:

FindEventsOnly will return 1 dict with the eventinfo

EventInfo:

   - timestamp
   - source (uri of actor or app)
   - subject (uri of the target as in doc or whatever)
   - type (activity, notification)
   - action (created, modified, deletec, etc..)
   -
   - tags (marking this special event)
   - bookmark (also marking this special event)

FindEvents however will retrun the EventInfo dict as well as the following
dict (How we do it will be optimized i have a solution for that)

TargetInfo:

   - We will stay with our
representation<http://live.gnome.org/GnomeZeitgeist/DatabaseDesign#head-fd4ae10d36917f617c003262560bedc9a927bd93>

Tell me what you think