Right, as you described here also I take it:
https://lists.launchpad.net/zeitgeist/msg00081.html

--
Comment annotations
Zeitgeist-Engine, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Engine.

Status in Zeitgeist Engine: New

Bug description:
As it stands we have an item["comment"] field on our data items which is a
single string. This contrasts what we actually have in the underlying datamodel
where each comment is actually an annotation type. Meaning that the actual data
model supports tagging comments, having events on them etc.

The ├╝ber simple hack would be to turn the comments into a list of strings, but
that still doesn't work either - unless the strings in the list where the URIs
of the comment items...

Comments? (pun intended)