> Note that events should be regarded as sub types of items
Not with the new design, now we will have a clear differentiation between what
is an event and what is an item.

> This means that events do in fact have origins.
Indeed, and each event can have a different origin, so my point is that the
origin should be stored in the "event" table and not in "item".

However Seif has recently proposed that we drop "origin" entirely.

--
origin should be a property of events, not items
Zeitgeist-Engine, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Engine.

Status in Zeitgeist Engine: Triaged

Bug description:
Both http://live.gnome.org/GnomeZeitgeist/DatabaseDesign and our current
implementation have "origin" as a property of items, but this makes no sense,
as the origin can be different for every event and should as such be a property
of it. (Further, to improve disk space usage we should save the actual value of
it in the "uri" table).

I'm filling this bug so that we don't remember to fix it, but please let's
ignore it until we get the basic event/item separation stuff merged - most
important stuff first.