Hello Geraint,

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Geraint Jones <zcjt...@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I recently finished a usability related postgrad (Human Computer
> Interaction with Ergonomics at UCLIC), and I'm interested in getting
> involved with open source usability projects. If anyone has any advice
> with regards to this, I'd be much obliged.

We're currently trying improve usability in the GNOME Zeigeist project. If
you're interested, we'd love to hear from you on our mailing list
zeitgeist@lists.launchpad.net or in the #zeitgeist channel on
freenode.irc.net.

> My first degree was psychology, so I'm pretty good at user testing and
> research, and I'm an incurable hacker so I'm equally happy with
> prototyping and implementation. I'm weaker on graphic design, but I
> would nevertheless be interested to learn. If anybody knows of a project
> where I could apply my skills, give me a shout!

Cool. I hope that you can help us come up with a better/new UI for GNOME
3.0. :)

Natan