I think it looks really good. Easy to extend with new properties,
readable, as well as writable. You should propose the branch for a
merge.

--
Add engine version identifier and expose this ID over the DBus API
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/462890

Status in Zeitgeist Engine: In Progress

Bug description:
The latest changes to the API demonstrate that we need an API version ID and we
also should make this ID accessible over DBus, something like:

>>> iface = DBusInterface()
>>> iface.getVersion()
'0.3'

Sample usecases:
* some (external) dataprovider might only work with some API versions
* same for client