after thinking about it I think we should drop raising the KeyError.
Instead this we should return the id of the already existing event in the DB.

This way inserting 50 Events will always return a list of 50 ids.

--
Dont' raise an exception when a duplicate event is detected
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/485433

Status in Zeitgeist Engine: New

Bug description:
19:52 <RainCT> thekorn: raising an exception on "Duplicate event detected" is
evil
19:53 <RainCT> thekorn: tell me how you want recent.py to work this way
19:53 <thekorn> RainCT, catch this exception
19:54 <RainCT> thekorn: doesn't help, if I'm sending 50 event and event 10 is
already there then events 11-50 won't get inserted
19:55 <thekorn> RainCT, ok, so the only problem is when you are importing the
existing history?
19:55 <RainCT> thekorn: no, with the current one too, because recent.py doesn't
know when the last run was
19:55 <thekorn> RainCT, let's open a "critical" bugreport for it
19:56 <thekorn> this has to be discussed and needs more thoughts
19:56 <RainCT> (we should workaround that in some way but still the Zeitgeist
API not allowing this is a problem)