In the attached branch I tried to put together a sample dbus service
which *should* send directed signals, but somehow it is not working as I
expect it to work.

There are two scripts, service.py which starts the service, and
client.py (0|1), the client. starting the client with argument '1' means
'subscribe to signal', '0' means 'don't do this. If the client should
listen for the signal, it subscribes to the "Hello" signal after 2
seconds for 10 seconds, and then unsubscribes again.

But as you might find out when you start two clients (one which is
subscribed to the signal, and the other one is not) both clients receive
the signal :(

On the other hand when you change the set_destination statement in
service.py (~line 123) to some random bus name it works as expected, no
connected client, no matter if subscribed or not receives the signal.

Zeitgeist-Engine, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Framework.

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Confirmed

Bug description:
Zeitgeist 0.2 relayed all incoming events over the bus. This might be a bit
over the top, but apps still need a way to get notified of events elsewhere in
the system.

This bug relates a lot to bug #447417 "Zeitgeist should have any kind of system
to protect users privacy" where a dynamic black listing system is needed. This
is sort of inverse to a notification system (only "sort of" mind you).

I want to use this bug as a tracker an reminder for us/me to finish this
feature. I have it pretty cut out in my head, so if any one else starts on this
please ping me...