> but why "inet" and not "internet"/"online"/whatever?

Because the wind was in the west and it was a full moon when I wrote it
:-) Or perhaps I don't have a good reason.

One thing though, I don't know if we should take into consideration or
not is tunneling or VPN-like setups. So fx. some resources are only
available when I am online via my company's VPN... This might get a bit
tricky to handle gracefully, and I am not sure it is really convenient
anyway...

--
Implement storage monitor (devices and connectivity)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/489194

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Confirmed

Bug description:
This is a reminder bug.

We need to write a "storage monitor" that manage the various storage mediums we
can have event subjects stored on. The storage monitor should write any changes
back to the 'storage' table in the DB.

What we need to track is connection and disconnections of storage volumes
(probably using gio) - ie. track whether or not files on USB thumb drives are
available or not etc.  Also the network connection state should be updated in
the storage table so that we can filter out remote files and website on request.