** Branch linked: lp:zeitgeist

--
OperationalError: too many SQL variables when requesting a huge number of
events in GetEvents
Framework, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Framework.

When I request all events in my database (there are about 3000 of them) I get
an operational error:

In [1]: from zeitgeist.client import ZeitgeistDBusInterface

In [2]: iface = ZeitgeistDBusInterface()

In [3]: events = iface.FindEventIds((0,0), [], 2, 50000, 0)

In [4]: len(events)
Out[4]: 3716

In [5]: iface.GetEvents(events)
DBusException                             Traceback (most recent call last)

/media/devel/zeitgeist/trunk/<ipython console> in <module>()

/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/proxies.pyc in __call__(self, *args,
**keywords)
    138                                                   introspect_sig,
    139                                                   args,
--> 140                                                   **keywords)
    141
    142     def call_async(self, *args, **keywords):

/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/connection.pyc in call_blocking(self,
bus_name, object_path, dbus_interface, method, signature, args, timeout,
utf8_strings, byte_arrays)
    618         # make a blocking call

    619         reply_message = self.send_message_with_reply_and_block(
--> 620             message, timeout)
    621         args_list = reply_message.get_args_list(**get_args_opts)
    622         if len(args_list) == 0:

DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.sqlite3.OperationalError: Traceback
(most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/service.py", line 702, in _message_cb
    retval = candidate_method(self, *args, **keywords)
  File "/media/devel/zeitgeist/trunk/zeitgeist/../_zeitgeist/engine/remote.py",
line 65, in GetEvents
    events = _engine.get_events(event_ids)
  File
"/media/devel/zeitgeist/trunk/zeitgeist/../_zeitgeist/engine/resonance_engine.py",
 line 337, in get_events
    """ % ",".join(["?" for id in ids]), ids).fetchall()
  File
"/media/devel/zeitgeist/trunk/zeitgeist/../_zeitgeist/engine/resonance_engine.py",
 line 50, in execute
    return super(UnicodeCursor, self).execute(statement, parameters)
OperationalError: too many SQL variables

To fix this we have to find out what the limit for sql variables is, and either
set a maximum for events which can be requested by GetEvents or do this SQL
query in batches.

My personal opinion here is: raise a ValueError if there are this huge number
of events requested, the client which is doing this is doing something wrong ;)