Public bug reported:

I think the core engine only relies on the GObject bindings in order to
get the mainloop integration needed to get DBus playing nice.

We should have a pluggable mainloop thing so that we can use the Qt
mainloop instead. On the longer term we might want to look into writing
our own Python based mainloop for DBus to avoid the Qt/GObject dep.
altogether. This should save us a good deal of memory.

** Affects: zeitgeist

** Changed in: zeitgeist

** Changed in: zeitgeist
    Milestone: None => 0.3.2