Ok. I am removing the 0.3.2 because of the disheartening comment in
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-python/api/dbus-
module.html#set_default_main_loop

I can see that progress on non-native mainloops in Python DBus has not
been made since 2006/2007-ish. I'll look a bit more into this. If we can
save a lot of memory it might be worth it to send patches to Python
DBus...

** Changed in: zeitgeist
    Milestone: 0.3.2 => None

--
Alternative mainloops
Framework, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Framework.

I think the core engine only relies on the GObject bindings in order to get the
mainloop integration needed to get DBus playing nice.

We should have a pluggable mainloop thing so that we can use the Qt mainloop
instead. On the longer term we might want to look into writing our own Python
based mainloop for DBus to avoid the Qt/GObject dep. altogether. This should
save us a good deal of memory.