If you rename _wrap_insert_event() to something like
_insert_event_without_error() or something like that to indicate the
purpose of the method I think the branch is fine to go in.

--
What to do on failed or blocked event insertions?
Framework, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Framework.

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Confirmed

Bug description:
This bug is filed in relation to bug #495017: "AttributeError: 'NoneType'
object has no attribute 'payload'"

Markus asks what to do with failed or blocked events in InsertEvents(). This is
an important questions since we can't not raise an error or simply leave the
event id out of the response. Clients depend on mapping the returned
event_ids->events.

I propose to say that event id 0, indicates an error. I think this is a nice
solution: easy to implement without breaking API, and easy to handle for
clients because a boolean test "if not event_id : print 'eeeeeek!'" works.