Based on the feedback and the fact I added docs I decided to merge the changes
into lp:zeitgeist as I need this for another fix I'm working on right now (bug
462894)
revno: 1226 [merge]
committer: Markus Korn <thek...@gmx.de>
branch nick: trunk
timestamp: Mon 2009-12-14 10:30:48 +0100
message:
  * If GetEvents is called with an event id which does either not exist or is
    blocked a NULL_EVENT struct is returned (LP: #495392)
  * Documented this behaviour and also the fix for bug 495179

What to do if an event is not found or blocked when calling GetEvents (or its
engine equivalent)
Developers, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Framework.

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: In Progress

Bug description:
Right now GetEvents raises a KeyError whenever any event is either not found or
blocked by an extension. As good as this solution was in case of not found
events it turns out to be bad for blocked events.

I think there are two possible solutions:
 * adding a NULLEvent, a somehow designed event datastructure which indicates
"cannot find an event (with this id)"
 * raising a KeyError which somehow contains all failing/blocked event-ids. The
client can now make another GetEvents call but remove all failing ids from the
arguments

If we manage to find a good NULLEvent I think this solution makes the most
sense.