Question #92524 on Zeitgeist Framework changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/zeitgeist/+question/92524

Siegfried Gevatter proposed the following answer:
@ dascheer:

First of all, thanks for trying out Zeitgeist!

In the future, please open a new question for your problem, though,
instead of commenting on another one, as they may (like in this case) be
unrelated.

>From the output you posted everything looks good, I'm not sure why you
aren't getting any events. Does it insert something if you open files
with Gedit / Eye of GNOME / Totem / etc?

Also, the version in Karmic is terribly outdated, and incompatible with
the latest code. I'd recommend trying the most recent code. You can
download it running "bzr get lp:zeitgeist", update it with "bzr pull"
and run it by executing "./zeitgeist-daemon.py" inside the "zeitgeist"
directory which the first command will have created.

Finally, if what you are looking for is the Graphical User Interface
see: https://launchpad.net/gnome-activity-journal. Zeitgeist itself is
only a daemon.

Zeitgeist Developers, which is an answer contact for Zeitgeist
Framework.