browser-dbus-bridge seems like a great OS library that is even
documented! :-)

Only problem is that I can't seem to find a Debian/Ubuntu package
anywhere, so if we are serious about using this as a dep. we need to
package it our selves - which seem like a small task compared to writing
a full extension in C/XPCOM. It also has the great advantage that we can
keep it a pure Javascript extension.

If anyone starts looking at packaging of browser-dbus-bridge please ping
in on this bug. I migfht look at it myself when we have Zeitgeist 0.3.1
out the door.

--
firefox extension: use XPCOM instead of communicating via files
Developers, which is subscribed to Zeitgeist Data Providers.

Status in Zeitgeist Data Providers: New

Bug description:
Due to a missing pyxpcom package in ubuntu karmic the firefox extension was
hacked by files in the dbus communication process. this is VERY inefficient. We
should use XPCOM instead.