FYI I started hacking on this. I have found a few issues we need to talk
about design wise...

Apps will probably want to display human readable names for devices even
though the devices might not be connected to your system. Eg. "In order
to read CoolArticle.pdf you need to plug in the USB drive named
'Kingston 2GB'". For this we need to store the type of the storage
medium and a human readable label - we have neither right now.

This info could go in a separate table and be exposed on a separate
object+interface on DBus (like the blacklist extension does). THis way
we'd be backwards and forwards compatible... I need to write a mockup
for this

** Branch linked: lp:~kamstrup/zeitgeist/storagemonitor

--
Implement storage monitor (devices and connectivity)
Framework Team, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Framework.

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Confirmed

Bug description:
This is a reminder bug.

We need to write a "storage monitor" that manage the various storage mediums we
can have event subjects stored on. The storage monitor should write any changes
back to the 'storage' table in the DB.

What we need to track is connection and disconnections of storage volumes
(probably using gio) - ie. track whether or not files on USB thumb drives are
available or not etc.  Also the network connection state should be updated in
the storage table so that we can filter out remote files and website on request.