Blueprint changed by Markus Korn:

Whiteboard set to:
thekorn:
I don't get why we are talking about this over and over again. When we think we
came to a conclusion it is always a matter of time before somebody brings this
up *again*. However, IMO this is nothing we should discuss in a blueprint, if
the current situation is a problem for user it is a bug, so we should discuss
it in a bugreport, and there is already bug 462894 which deals with this
problem.
And if we still think this is an issue, we should try to solve it for all time.
If we would like to solve it (Mikkel convinced me some time ago that we go with
the current situation) then I see only one valid and possible solution: let
certain clients claim exclusive communication (insert and/or query) with the
zeitgeist daemon. This exclusive communication is defined by a set of templates
and it is not the clients who check if they are allowed to do any kind of
communication, it is the engine who does all the management. I started
implementing this idea at lp:~thekorn/zeitgeist/exclusive_clients but did not
finish it, because I don't think we need it.