Blueprint changed by Markus Korn:

Whiteboard changed:

  thekorn:
  I don't get why we are talking about this over and over again. When we think
we came to a conclusion it is always a matter of time before somebody brings
this up *again*. However, IMO this is nothing we should discuss in a blueprint,
if the current situation is a problem for user it is a bug, so we should
discuss it in a bugreport, and there is already bug 462894 which deals with
this problem.
  And if we still think this is an issue, we should try to solve it for all
time.
- If we would like to solve it (Mikkel convinced me some time ago that we go
with the current situation) then I see only one valid and possible solution:
let certain clients claim exclusive communication (insert and/or query) with
the zeitgeist daemon. This exclusive communication is defined by a set of
templates and it is not the clients who check if they are allowed to do any
kind of communication, it is the engine who does all the management. I started
implementing this idea at lp:~thekorn/zeitgeist/exclusive_clients but did not
finish it, because I don't think we need it.
+ If we would like to solve it (Mikkel convinced me some time ago that we
should go with the current situation) then I see only one valid and possible