Here's a quick review of the plugin. I can't comment on the Decibel
parts, just on the ZG integration parts:

 * You can set the subject origin to the parent folder of the URI. You can just
use os.path.dirname(uri)
 * It's a good idea to figure out the mimetype for the subject. You can fx. use
gio to do this. In gio lingo you must query the "content type" of the
corresponding GFile. At least this is very handy for 3rd party apps querying ZG

In the Event instance:
 * You don't need to set the timestamp. If you leave it out ZG will set it to
"now". But it's not that it's wrong what you are doing - I'm just saying :-)
 * And just a word of warning: In ZG 0.3.4 we'll change OPEN_EVENT to
ACCESS_EVENT (and ACCESS_EVENT is not available in 0.3.3). Sorry for the
inconvenience here

Otherwise good work as far as I can see! :-D

--
Send events to zeitgeist

Status in Decibel Audio Player: New
Status in Zeitgeist Data-Sources: New

Bug description:
Hi,
great job on 1.04! I think it would be great if decibel would send events to
the zeitgeist engine. Zeitgeist is an exciting new system and it will probably
attract many users in the future.

I have already written and attached the plugin. It would be great if you could
add it to the program.