I guess this is more of a GUI issue then.

Is there anybody else on the notification list who would care to comment
on whether this could be added to e.g. the new File dialog?

Tracking recent directories

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Incomplete

Bug description:
This is a feature request, please reassign wherever you see fit :-)

Currently recent files are tracked as items. Recent directories would also be
useful to track.

E.g. I edit files in geany, compile code that produce an executable that need
to be debugged in Nemiver. When Nemiver is opened it would save a lot of time
if the directory was available under a "recent directories" heading somewhere.