You are assuming that the URIs have a tree-like syntax, which is not
true in general. What if we dropped file:/// and http:// URIs altogether
and used Tracker UUIDs all the way?

Also the download use case we discussed numerous times - If we say that
Origin is "where the user was at the event time" then the origin could
be http://example.com but the subject uri ftp://grillbar.org/super.jpg.
Completely unrelated.

--
Tracking recent directories

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Incomplete

Bug description:
This is a feature request, please reassign wherever you see fit :-)

Currently recent files are tracked as items. Recent directories would also be
useful to track.

E.g. I edit files in geany, compile code that produce an executable that need
to be debugged in Nemiver. When Nemiver is opened it would save a lot of time
if the directory was available under a "recent directories" heading somewhere.

Thanks,
Conrad