I agree, we can add this delete hook to extensions, but I'm not sure what this
hook should be able to do.
Is it to just notify an extension that a certain event is deleted, or is about
to be deleted? Or can this hook also block the removal of an event?
For notification purposes we have the notification interface.

delete_event_hook for extensions

Right now zeitgeist extensions have no way of knowing when events are deleted.
I propose adding a delete_event_hook() method on the Extension class that
extensions can override. The delete_event_hook() method should take an event_id
as its sole argument.

I need this functionality in the FTS extension.