When talking origin i think we should think in a timeline matter.
Every time the origin can be different for the same uri if we follow siegfried
interpretation.
I think Mikkels interpretation is more safe for now.

If i download a file from a website the origin is the website. I however
open the same file later the origin is the folder in which it lies. this
makes sense to me.

With Siegfrieds view on the issue the origin is somehow the subject that
was in use before the event. This should be traceable at some point with
a focus extension built on BAMF.

For now i give plus one for Mikkels interpretation

--
Tracking recent directories

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Incomplete

Bug description:
This is a feature request, please reassign wherever you see fit :-)

Currently recent files are tracked as items. Recent directories would also be
useful to track.

E.g. I edit files in geany, compile code that produce an executable that need
to be debugged in Nemiver. When Nemiver is opened it would save a lot of time
if the directory was available under a "recent directories" heading somewhere.

Thanks,
Conrad