Ok this issue has to be settled once and for all
IMHO I think it makes sense to look at origin as the "domain"  of the subject
of the event in question. Maybe Subject.origin is a better interpretation than
event.origin but this would mean an API break.
The benefits of having origin follow the proposed schema is:
1) we can sort by domain (websites or folders)
2) we assist kamstrup and the unity team with their development
3) it will allow easier grouping on a UI level :)

--
What value should subject.origin have?

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Triaged

Bug description:
>> +                                       origin =
>> info.get_uri().rpartition("/")[0]

WHY?