Inotify still sucks rest assured :-)

A watch on a dir will only tell us when some unspecified thing happens
to some unspecified file in that directory. We could install monitors
directly on the last N (fx. 100) actual file inodes perhaps, but I am
reluctant to do that - what happens when we aren't running? Do you wanna
stat() all the last N files on startup (eeeeek!)?

In any case this could be done entirely in an extension.

As I said before I think FANotify and/or btrfs is our only hope here -
or actually using Tracker directly to monitor these events. Tracker is
probably the most advanced file monitor out there these days.

Monitoring for new files

I  was thinking on how tracker monitors new files to index. Turns out they
monitor directories using inotify. Recurse XDG dirs and single iterate $HOME
Does this make sense to us?