+1 for Markus' suggestion - but it'll break the Extension API - which
isn't that big a deal I think... The next release is the first where the
Extensions are dynamically loaded anyway.

Remember to update the in-tree extensions!

--
Hook before event deletions missing

Now that there is a hook called after event deletions (with which I only agree
because of performance reasons for the FTS extension, as it is basically
duplicating the D-Bus interface), there should also be a hook called before
events are deleted which can stop that from happening.