I think no zeitgeist product should ever directly whatchout for such file
changes/creations/etc., BUT why not adding a dataprovider to the datahub which
watchs out for tracker dbus signals of modifications/creations/etc. and
converts this signals to zg events.
So if a user has tracker installed we get this type of events for `free`

--
Monitoring for new files

I  was thinking on how tracker monitors new files to index. Turns out they
monitor directories using inotify. Recurse XDG dirs and single iterate $HOME
Does this make sense to us?